17/07/2011: The Search for the 2011 BAGONG BAYANI AWARDEES
06 July 2011
THE SEARCH FOR THE 2011 BAGONG BAYANI AWARDEES
The Bagong Bayani Foundation, Inc. (BBFI), in coordination with the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA), Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) and the private sector, announces that the search for the 2011 Bagong Bayani Awardees is now open.
The Bagong Bayani Awards (BBA) pay tribute to the country’s outstanding Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) for their significant efforts in fostering goodwill among peoples of the world, enhancing the image of the Filipino as a competent and responsible worker and contributing to the nation’s foreign exchange earnings.
The general pre-qualifying criteria for the nomination of candidates for the Bagong Bayani awards are the following:
- Must be or has been an OFW for at least two (2) years;
- Has no past or present criminal or derogatory record;
- Must be of good moral standing or has received recognition from past or present employer for exemplary behavior or outstanding service; and
- The employment contract must have been processed by the
Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA)
For 2011, the following are the awards categories:
1. Bagong Bayani Award for Outstanding employee
2. Bagong Bayani Award fo Community and social Service
3. Bagong bayani Award for Culture and Arts
4. Captain Gregorio S. Oca Award
5. Blas F. Ople Award Para sa Natatanging Bagong Bayani.
The nomination forms and criteria for the different award categories may be downloaded from www.poea.gov.ph.
Deadline for submission of nominations is on 31 July 2011 and may be submitted to the Bagong Bayani Foundation, Inc. Secretariat via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.